Monday, February 17, 2014

2006 DP14

EDIT: Thanks all! It was mag 15.4, 30s subs. Moving at 3.65"/min at time of captures.

During the +Virtual Star Party on February 16, 2014 I found Near Earth Asteroid, 2006 DP14.
This animation includes times: 2131EDT to 2154EDT using 30sec subs in Lum in my telescope, +Akule

Type: Custom Home Built Newtonian
Aperture: 356mm (14")
Focal Ratio: f/4.5  / 1,600mm FL
Primary Mirror: Carl Zambuto 14" f/4.5
Mount: Celestron CGE
Imaging Camera: SBIG STF-8300M (monochrome)
Color Filter Wheel: True Technology UK (Tru-Tek) - SupraSlim with Visual Wide Wheel (built in diagonal)
Filters: Baader Planetarium LRGB Telescope Filter Set
Guiding: Teleskop-Service TS9-OAG off axis guider
Guide Camera: The Imaging Source DBK 21AU618.AS
OS: Lenovo W530 (Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit)

Processing: DeepSkyStacker -> DigiKam -> Linux Convert to animated gif




Blog Archive

About Me

My photo

Loving husband, proud father, computer geek, astro freak, music lover, sports nut and general fun-loving guy

I think I'm the kind of person who doesn't like strong opinions.  It doesn't matter if I agree with your opinion or not, it's not factual, it never will be 100% factual and I don't care for it.  That's probably why I hate politics.

I've always loved facts, provable facts of nature and things concerning science.  

Over time, I found that most facts are mostly reference and it was the creation of and discovery of new things that intrigued me.

"A good friend once told me you are our memory
without them we equal nothing
And all I can see is the place I wanna be
Suddenly my life was so free
Leaves at my feet, blown to the ground
their echoes are reaching my ears
Nights coming fast, suns going down" - A7x