Friday, June 27, 2014

Mars 2014 ANIMATION!

Mars 2014 ANIMATION!




Using 7 processed and derotated source images from 7 different nights as seen in the labeled WinJUPOS map


Using Photoshop to feather out the seams, this map used for the final animation
A brief and related tutorial on processing Mars is here:


Akule Planetary Equipment H/W

Type: Custom Home Built Newtonian
Aperture: 356mm (14")
Focal Ratio: f/4.5 - 5x TeleVue Powermate at f/26 / 9,315mm EFL
Primary Mirror: Carl Zambuto 14" f/4.5
Camera: Point Grey Research Flea3 - FL3-FW-03S1M (monochrome)
Color Filter Wheel: True Technology UK (Tru-Tek) - SupraSlim with Visual Wide Wheel (built in diagonal)
Filters: Baader Planetarium LRGB Telescope Filter Set
Filters: Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-pass filter

Akule Planetary Processing S/W

OS: Lenovo W530 (Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit)
Acquisition: Torsten Edelmann’s Firecapture
Processing: AutoStakkert 2 -> AstraImage -> WinJUPOS -> PhotoShop -> Gimp

Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo

Loving husband, proud father, computer geek, astro freak, music lover, sports nut and general fun-loving guy

I think I'm the kind of person who doesn't like strong opinions.  It doesn't matter if I agree with your opinion or not, it's not factual, it never will be 100% factual and I don't care for it.  That's probably why I hate politics.

I've always loved facts, provable facts of nature and things concerning science.  

Over time, I found that most facts are mostly reference and it was the creation of and discovery of new things that intrigued me.

"A good friend once told me you are our memory
without them we equal nothing
And all I can see is the place I wanna be
Suddenly my life was so free
Leaves at my feet, blown to the ground
their echoes are reaching my ears
Nights coming fast, suns going down" - A7x