- Taken on different nights
- Guiding methods - 50mm finder guiding on DSLR and OAG for CCD
- Coma corrector on CCD, NOT used on DSLR
- 2x2 binning on the CCD, native iso6400 on DSLR
- Same telescope, +Akule my custom 35.6cm f/4.5 Newt
- Similar processing routine
Also of note, the image scales are quite different and were somewhat difficult to line up. I got 'close enough' and stopped getting precise alignment. I don't think this a valid or fair comparison but a nice contrast to both style of cameras.
Here's a three frame animation comparing.
1) RGB via the DSLR only
2) Lum via the CCD and no filters at all
3) A standard LRGB combination of the filterless CCD as lum and the one-shot color as RGB.
Here's the DSLR ONLY
Here's the filter-less CCD 'lum' shot only
Finally the LRGB combination
Perhaps it not even a comparison at all, but the lack of clear skies and poor planning had me running over the same objects within a week's span or so and having used different cameras got me hankering for a comparison even it wasn't like for like
Hope you enjoy and feel free to comment or critizice!!