Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Back at the clearing of the summer back log - day 7

Yet another object I've already shot.  Here is M102, a small, edge on galaxy.  This time I decided a side by side comparison as it was taken with the same scope and different cameras.  The canon 7D is on the left and the SBIG STF-8300M on the right.  They were taken in different conditions and different nights.  Things that jump out at me are the image scale on the Canon is larger as it's 0.55''/pixel whereas the SBIG is 0.7''/pixel. Also, the Canon 7D is shot in bayered color mode and the SBIG being monochrome is only shot in clear / luminance channel. The other thing to note is that the integration time is quite shorter on the SBIG. You be the judge.  

Here's the recent work on M102



And the old shot



And the side by side




Not meant to be a real or honest comparison, just my happenstance results.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo

Loving husband, proud father, computer geek, astro freak, music lover, sports nut and general fun-loving guy

I think I'm the kind of person who doesn't like strong opinions.  It doesn't matter if I agree with your opinion or not, it's not factual, it never will be 100% factual and I don't care for it.  That's probably why I hate politics.

I've always loved facts, provable facts of nature and things concerning science.  

Over time, I found that most facts are mostly reference and it was the creation of and discovery of new things that intrigued me.

"A good friend once told me you are our memory
without them we equal nothing
And all I can see is the place I wanna be
Suddenly my life was so free
Leaves at my feet, blown to the ground
their echoes are reaching my ears
Nights coming fast, suns going down" - A7x